RAISING DAUGHTERS OF IMPACT


Be your own kind of happiness and raise your daughters to become women of impact.

On my way to work today in the wee hours of the morning, I happened to stumble upon a mother and daughter arguing over an issue. You could literally hear her voice from a distance, she was shouting at the top of her lungs. The woman was brave enough to speak up to her mother, despite of her mother's constant reminder of the mistakes made. All I could hear the mother say was, “Sally, I gave birth to you and now you are disrespecting me, you are the reason I almost died…”

Sally realised she was surrounded by people like packed sardines in a can,everyone staring at her.She stormed off and maneuvered through the crowd of people. Being a public place, I was shook by her statement and I wondered why a mother would speak harshly towards her daughter.

Thoughts ran through my mind, as I could not help but think of the kind of relationship the mother-daughter had…Being a believer I know that the bible says, we should obey our mother and father so that we may live longer. I have no doubts that is true, though sometimes I feel like there is an overstep of the boundaries that causes a lot of misunderstandings or negative energy from the parents. Looking at Sally’s situation she is a representation of other women,who are facing the same struggles as her what am not certain is how are they handling it?

Have you ever wondered why some women are cold hearted? It all roots from the upbringing, when mothers have unresolved issues in their past they tend to use their daughters and sometimes sons as punching bags. In my own honest opinion, such women are forced to take in a lot of unnecessary baggage, which should not be the case. Women like Sally have strenuous relationships from family to friends, from lack of trust to developing a thick skin simply because they cannot put up with a ball of negative energy around them and the fear of getting hurt again.

What I learnt from Sally’s incident is;she was brave enough to stand up for herself,despite the mother trying to manipulate her. Many of the times, we get tired of holding in things that affect us and speak out. Am not saying we should be rude to others or our parents, but handle your situation correctly,walk away if need be.I learnt that after all, speaking out does not hurt but saves you from a lot of negative energy….

What do you think causes mother-daughter relationships distraught? 


**Note this picture is not Sally***

Until next time
Abientot

Stamped and signed by Casha
Share on Google Plus

About Casha

    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment