PASSION DRIVES YOU BACK TO WHERE YOU BELONG....


Work,passion,determination all this sum up to one thing ambition.I remember when i discovered my passion for photography i was only five years of age,i recall my mother owning a Kodak camera.She would capture moments of our family, which i look at up-to date and smile. During occasions, i would be the first to get a hold of the camera and try to take pictures. 
When i turned fifteen years of age my father bought me a point and shoot Sony camera, because he discovered that among my siblings i was cut from a different cloth.My passion for photography was soon noticed by my close friends and family,since i took photos in all the family functions.However,when i joined university i wanted to study communications i had an idea of what it was all about, but i was not sure what it entailed.My parents kept saying "this is what you were born for", i never understood this phrase until after a few semesters it now dawned on me what my parents meant.

I began my photography career back in 2014,as a communications student i would take photos in school events and for the school newspaper.I heard voices both positive and negative,being a woman sometimes it was quite discouraging until i realized everyone has their own niche and every photographer has a unique way of looking at things.What struck me the most,was the positive energy and comments that were thrown at me every single time i wanted to step back and relax.

My father sacrificed and bought a Nikon camera for me, because he knew what it meant to me. One day in school, a lady approached me and said "i love your passion,it has motivated me to become an actress,may it take you places". Up to now, those words still keep me going.

I soon discovered that photography is indeed my therapy.Everytime i was devastated i would pick my tool take random photos and then  that would help me express what i feel,by the time i was done the joy felt and glow on my face would tell it all. When i began working full time,amazingly photography was and is still part of my job.I was grateful to God because HE knew, what HE was doing when HE placed me where i am now.

In Mid 2017,my friends and family began to ask about my blog,why is it dead,what is happening? I kept saying i have no time to blog,earlier this year i was recognized for my photography skills which was showcased in different platforms.

This was my wake up call and it made me realize, how much impact i had on people with my gifted hands.Recently,i went back to shooting during my free time sparing an hour or two during the weekend.Just the other day at my work place a financial advisor called Amos said that; we have 500 to 600 talents and gifts that we are yet to discover. A colleague of mine who had sat next to me, she whispered and said, "stop wasting a gift that God has given you". This reminded me of a scripture in the bible 1st Timothy 4:14 that says, Do not neglect the gift that is in you.

In deed,passion drives you back to where you belong...
With all this said, what next? i am proudly back to blogging with better content,consistency is key.Am forever grateful for the friends and family that have supported me,through out this journey,truly no excuse to not use our gifts and talents just do it!!!

What is your gift?

Until next time

A bientot

Stamped and Signed by Casha

Contact me on justitphotography@gmail.com

Share on Google Plus

About Casha

    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment